Nevada Science Olympiad is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of K-12 science education, increasing male, female and minority interest in science, creating a technologically-literate workforce and providing recognition for outstanding achievement by both students and teachers. These goals are achieved by participating in Science Olympiad tournaments and non-competitive events, incorporating Science Olympiad into classroom curriculum and attending teacher training institutes. Nevada Science Olympiad is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible. View our 501(c)(3) status letter here.
Nevada Science Olympiad Vision
Our vision is to increase K-12 student and teacher participation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
Nevada Science Olympiad Mission
Our mission is to host exciting competitive tournaments and professional development workshops that showcase innovative STEM content to students and teachers throughout the United States
Nevada Science Olympiad is committed to:
- Developing hands-on, standards-aligned STEM content with industry and education partners
- Providing volunteers and mentors a platform to share subject-matter expertise in relevant STEM topic areas
- Creating opportunities for student teamwork, problem solving and collaboration
- Recognizing outstanding achievement by students and teachers
- Encouraging male, female and minority students to enroll in STEM courses
- Building a strong STEM workforce
Want to learn more about
Visit soinc.org to receive more information about events and competition resources.